Media Devices, 2.0

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Sat Sep 16 08:01:44 UTC 2006

Quoting "T.R.Shashwath" <trshash84 at gmail.com>:

> Seems OK to me. I'd also like to see the view classes being managed outside
> the plugins. This removes a lot of the current complexity from the plugins,
> and gives a common UI. Perhaps devices with and without directories will have
> problems with this, but we could use your multiple inheritance technique to
> handle that.

One thing to look into would be QT4's methods for separating data sets
and views.  I don't know much about it, other than that it's supposed
to make it easy to abstract what data you have from how it's
presented, and switch it on the fly.  Anyone (Max, I think I remember
you talking about this) able to weigh in on this and whether it might
solve this problem?  Right now each media device plugin has to manage
the listview itself, which does lead to a lot of code retreading.

--Jeff