Amarok does not like my iRiver

Ljubomir Simin ljubomir.simin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 16:19:51 UTC 2006

On Friday 15 September 2006 10:46, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Quoting Andy Kelk <andy at mopoke.co.uk>:
> > The first thing I'd suggest is upgrading your libmtp version as there's
> > been a number of improvements since then.
> > I think .10 is one which will quit if you don't have permission to access
> > the usb device. If you start Amarok from a console, you'd probably see
> > something along the lines of usb_claim_interface: operation not
> > permitted. Make sure you have correct permissions as outlined on the
> > Amarok wiki: http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Media_Device:MTP
>
> As a corollary, make sure you can actually use the functions from
> libmtp.  If the command-line functions won't connect to your device,
> Amarok won't be able to.  Usually this is a problem with udev
> permissions -- make sure you get the rules from libmtp and pop it into
> /etc/udev.d or wherever is appropriate.

Thank you all for tips! I was unaware of that helpful MTP wiki entry. With the
help of newest libusb and libmtp I am able to connecto to T30! Whee!
However, I cannot upload files, but it seems to be a problem with libmtp
(according to their mailing list). So, sorry for trouble and thanks for help!

--
Ljubomir Simin
Registered Linux User #351181