Amarok 2 Mockup

Max Howell max.howell at methylblue.com
Thu Sep 14 01:25:42 UTC 2006

Ian Monroe wrote:
> Well the obvious question is where are the file and media device browsers.

I missed the tabs off by mistake, imagine they are there same as 1.4.x.

> I'm not really sure what I think about the playlist layout, which I
> think is really the most radical change. My first reaction is that I
> don't like it: would be complicated to customize.

Seeing as the playlist is a key interface piece, I don't think complex
in terms of development time or effort matters. And I think the
configure widget wouldn't be a complex UI piece, at least the way I have
it pictured. Drag and drop or something in the settings dialog.

> Anyways what all this is making me realize is that while I do not
> think we should make the interface super-customizaable

I didn't think anyone wanted to make the UI super customizable. That
doesn't achieve much, apart from complexity on all fronts.

Max