More on the playlist (was: Amarok 2 Mockup)

Seb Ruiz me at sebruiz.net
Thu Sep 14 00:00:18 UTC 2006

On 14/09/06, Max Howell <max.howell at methylblue.com> wrote:
> More on the playlist:
>
> You can't add more columns, but you can configure which bits of data are
> displayed and whereabouts they are displayed. If the user wants lots of
> data they'll need a wider playlist presumably.
>
> You can sort by anything you want, UI not yet figured out :)
>
> And browser tabs are not removed on purpose, I just forgot to add them.
>
> Max

I looked at the screenshot for a while, and I couldn't figure out what
was so nice about the layout.  I found it very clean and easy to look
at, and I think the reason is because there are no listview headers or
defined toolbars for the browser.  Rather, they are placed what seems
to be within the widget which I like alot.

Another point is the context browser:  Obviously you've ripped off
last.fm here, but there are some interesting points to think about.
To begin with, do we need a KHTML part?  Apart from the obviously easy
CSS theming, is it truly necessary?  Perhaps we can allow layout
theming instead of colour theming, with an xml style format (similar
to kopete's styles).

All around, i quite liked the fresh look.

Seb

--
http://www.sebruiz.net/