Amarok vs Gstreamer

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Tue Sep 5 17:56:41 UTC 2006

I'm trying to get amarok working again with gstreamer.  It worked fine
till recently, but upgrades to amarok and/or gstreamer-0.10 have broken
it.  So far I've downloaded amarok from the svn archive and built it
successfully using amarok-svn.sh .

However, I haven't been able to enable gst.  The tests for gst are
commented out of the configuration.in file, and when I remove the
comment markers ("#"s), configure.in is rebuilt with the gst tests
commented out again.  I haven't been able to find the configuration
files that amarok-svn.sh use as input while building configure.in .

Questions:

(1) What files are used to control building configure.in ?

(2) When I get amarok built to use gstreamer, how can I get amarok to
print out its invocation of gst?  Amarok has a lot of debugging
features, but there doesn't seem to be much info on how to use them.

Many Thanks - jon