Potentially some Xine Engine bugs

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Sep 1 11:15:13 UTC 2006

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Ian Monroe wrote:
>> Could you try reproducing these bugs in xine-ui? They sound more like
>> Xine bugs then Amarok bugs. Doesn't mean they aren't Amarok bugs or
>> something that we can't work around.
>
> I will try that tomorrow at work (the speakers are there and I'm at home ;))

It seems the OSS issue (only showing 1st sound card) also exists in
Xine-ui, so I guess it's upstream (or more upstream as I reported it in
Mandriva first, so technically amarok itself is upstream!).

The Alsa issue seems to be related to crossfading/hardware mixing and
software mixing with DMIX. Probably just a configuration problem but
trying to get more info on that.

Col.