Some ideas for Amarok 2.0 based on foobar2k experience

Michael Pujos pujos.michael at laposte.net
Tue Nov 14 21:55:33 UTC 2006

> Ultra high configurability is absolutely not what we are striving for. I
> believe it's the task of the developer to provide a good GUI, not the user's.

This is a valid design decision while a bit disappointing but I can see why you'd want to retain a fixed,
controllable UI. It's disappointing because it's a bit conservative and some advanced users might want a
different customized UI to their needs or preferences. However on a development point of view it's probably simplier.