Suggestion

Andreas Heinz andi at a80.net
Thu Jun 29 07:24:58 UTC 2006

I think what "jamie1911" wanted to tell is, that this behavior isn't
what it should be.
The behavior of the most common search boxes differs:
* E.g. google you type in what you search and hit enter
* beagle desktop search: type and after a short break it'll search
* kerry (kde frontend for beagle): type and you must hit enter to start
search
* amarok: type and after a short break it'll search, but when you hit
enter out of habit, amarok will append the search result to your
playlist. and e.g. when you just searched for a few characters you end
up with an unusable amarok, and either have to wait till amarok is ready
populating the playlist or you have to kill amarok.

i would agree with jamie letting amarok search by typing regardless of
hitting enter. and when you hit enter amarok shouldn't append the result
to the playlist.

bye
Andreas