multiple instances of amarokapp

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Mon Jun 26 00:55:28 UTC 2006

On 6/25/06, Paul Cifarelli <paul at cifarelli.net> wrote:

> Of course, how many will usually depend on what engine and
> even on how that engine is configured.

Thanks for the explanation. What was confusing me was that under
Ubuntu, which I run on my laptop, amarokapp uses just one thread, the
difference being I guess that on my desktop box running Fedora I have
it configured to use realplayer while on the laptop it is using xine.

> The 2 child processes are used to create crossfades, if you
> were wondering...

Hmmm, I do have crossfades enabled under Ubuntu, but I only see the one process.

No big deal, just wondering.

FWIW, on both systems I am using v1.4.0

On 6/26/06, Seb Ruiz <me at sebruiz.net> wrote:

> Additionally, it isn't using 800mb of memory, 90% of that is all shared.

Erm, virtual memory is shared??? I thought it was swapped to disk.

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam