: Great! but...

Sven Hergenhahn svenxy at gmx.net
Sun Jun 4 10:08:30 UTC 2006

Hi JoelW,

> > The only thing I realized is that the lyrics plugins fail to work through
> > proxies. I tried and added a (hardcoded) proxy to the Astraweb script and
> > it works now. Then I thought it might be a good idea to retrieve the system
> > wide proxy (KDE) via DCOP or so but wasn't able to do so.
> >

> Funny that's what I thought they did. I use lyrics fine through a proxy at
> University.

Strange as mine doesn't. I tried a couple of them and it seems to me that all the scripts don't use the Proxy (we use wpad proxy autodetection here).

Looking at the scripts, no proxy is set within them. As mentioned in my original mail, once changed the script a little bit to use a certain proxy, it worked.
That's why my idea was to pull the KDE proxy settings into the script - but how do I get those settings?
I already asked at #kde-devel and #amarok if there was a dcop call for that, but noone knew a solution to it. Do you?

> Amarok honors the KDE proxy settings... so...

Yes, I found that too and yes, the wikipedia tab works fine by using the KDE set proxy.

Thanks anyway,
Sven

--
Sven Hergenhahn
Heidelberg

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer.
-Bruce Graham