Music players

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Sun Dec 10 18:51:32 UTC 2006

Amarok hooks into KDE's mediamanager service to watch for this kind of thing.
What may be happening is that the mediamanager service is not running.

In a console (within X), try running "dcop kded mediamanager fullList" and see
if you get a list of all your devices.  If you don't, then there is a problem
with mediamanager/HAL/something on your system.  If mediamanager is correctly
working it should notify Amarok when a new device is plugged in, and Amarok
should detect it.

Let us know what you find.

--Jeff