Amarok 1.4.2 collection scan fails

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Sun Aug 27 21:19:01 UTC 2006

* Jeff Mitchell [Sun, 27 Aug 2006 01:03:48 -0400]:

> Also, I'm not too familiar with Debian package names, but it looks like he has
> two versions of taglib installed there.  Is that so?  This is something that
> is known to cause problems...

No, everything is fine. I'll explain for reference, or just in case. :-)

> > > ii  libtag1c2a     1.4-4

This package contains the TagLib library, /usr/lib/libtag.so.1.
The package would be normally called "libtag1", but when transitioning
beween incompatible g++ versions, C++ libraries get a suffix in order to
support partial upgrades.

> > > ii  libtag1-dev    1.4-4

This contains /usr/include/taglib/* and /usr/lib/libtag.so. Not needed
to run Amarok, only to compile it.

> > > ii  libtagc0       1.4-4

This package contains a very small C library, /usr/lib/libtag_c.so.0,
that provides C bindings to TagLib. Not needed by Amarok, doesn't hurt
either.

> > > ii  libtagc0-dev   1.4-4

/usr/lib/libtag_c.so and /usr/include/taglib/tag_c.h.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Man: Wow, that woman looks exactly the way Nina is going to look in
about ten years... Oh shit, it is Nina. Don't tell her what I said, okay?
                -- http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/archives/003086.html