small patch that enables control over related artists

Laurent lorijho at yes.lu
Wed Aug 9 13:38:21 UTC 2006

Hi to all Amarok Fans.

This is my first post to the list and it includes a patch.

I've written a small patch against amarok-1.4.1. It enables control over
related artists. Last.fm artist relations are not always accurate, so
with the patch applied the user can exclude related artists by right
clicking a related artist name and select "E&xclude from similar artists
list". The item is then removed from the related_artists table in the
collectionDB. This works, of course, also for recursively related
artists (when browsing related artists).

Other small changes (which are not absolutely necessary):
- fetch up to twice as much (60) related artists from last.fm
- display up to twice as much (60) related artists in the ContextBrowser.
- display up to 60 suggested songs in the ContextBrowser
- consider up to 60 related artists when appending tracks in dynamic
playlist mode

Some screenshot:
http://213.213.211.196/amarok/snapshot1.jpg
http://213.213.211.196/amarok/snapshot2.jpg