Amarok quick start guide

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Jun 21 21:17:22 CEST 2010

Hi colleagues,

I have inserted the missing album covers.

_Abhishek, please note:
We could also include the most common problem for ubuntu users  i.e libxine1-ffmpeg
missing -Abhishek Rane 6/16/10 4:08 PM
Abhishek,
  Please write about 5-10 lines would you, please? What is the symptom if Xine is missing and one starts Amarok 2.3? Cure? apt-get?? Any other dependencies?
_
Kind regards,
Willem

Valorie wrote:

I'm about half-way through, and I'm very impressed. There are a couple
of areas, which while I feel they are excellent, are too detailed for
a Quick Start guide.

I'm sorry this has gotten side-tracked; I hope we can make a push to
finish this and hand it to the Docbook folks. For starters, I would
like to see all of the shots where there is an album cover*with*  an
album cover. We need all those little spots of color to liven things
up.

I love the tables with the icons! Quite excellent.

I also love the section on iPods and other devices. I've not used an
iPod, so I really welcome this bit.

Thanks so much, Willem. I see your note about font problems, but I'm
not seeing them.

I'll look at all of this tomorrow in more detail, but I think we're
nearly there!

Those of you on the list that haven't seen this yet, please take a
look at it. Looking at Abhi's links would be a good idea for everyone
also:

"Please take a look at Openshot's manual,it could serve as a great
inspiration for writing this manual.Especially the Learn Openshot in 5
minutes section.
Englishhttp://www.openshotusers.com/help/en/
Frenchhttp://www.openshotusers.com/help/fr/
Spanishhttp://www.openshotusers.com/help/es/

That 5 Minute section is exactly what I'd like to see, and I think we
are getting there. Ours needs to be more like 10 minutes, but that
organization is wonderful.