Amarok 2 refresh - update

Pierre-Luc Auclair p-l.auclair at velourbain.qc.ca
Tue Jan 13 06:02:50 CET 2009

Hi,

I made some changes since my last suggestion.

I took into account your criticism about the muddiness and lack of contrast of
the wolf and the cut of the neck. I agree with you that my first suggestion
had too much emphasis on the background, and I believe the current suggestion
is an improvement. Note that I tried a few other techniques for the mane which
did not improve on the appearance (not included).

Current proposition is the one at the bottom. I stand by my suggestion of
adding the mane for a better integration of the wolf and better transition.
The background is very similar to the current one, but with slight luminosity
variations as to make it look more polished at larger sizes. The wolf is now
slightly darker and also has a bit more definition in the shading of the jaw.

The top line is integration of the new head within the old circle, to varying
degrees. Inbetween is an "inbetween suggestion" that features a new background
and wolf, but no mane transition (which, again, I believe should be the way to
go for previously enounced reasons).

Here is the link:
http://www.velourbain.qc.ca/amarok/amarok-2-logo-comparison-2.png

Pierre-Luc Auclair