Drumming up developers for Windows and OSX

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Fri Apr 17 23:01:28 CEST 2009

Hey all,

lately I've become increasingly concerned with our lack of developers
for the Windows and OSX versions of Amarok. We have a number of bug
reports open exclusively for these two platforms, but currently we're
lacking developers who could actually fix these things, since most of
our core devs are working on Linux now.

I imagine that many of these bugs could be rather easy to solve, if
only someone would actually look at them. But we're facing a kind of
"hen-and-egg" problem: As long as Amarok doesn't work well on these
platforms, it's hard to find new developers for it. But there is a lot
of untapped potential, I believe. We just need to find a way to tap
it.

So I'm wondering how we could improve on the situation. The first
thing that comes to my mind is increasing the visibility with well
targeted promotion. E.g. we could blog about it, put an article on our
web site, etc.

Personally I'm willing to contribute by writing a blog article, which
could be a start.

Do you guys have any other ideas?

--
Mark Kretschmann