Amarok 2 Slogan

Casey Link unnamedrambler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 19:15:14 CEST 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org> wrote:
> 2008/4/26 Casey Link <unnamedrambler at gmail.com>:
>

> > We had an impromptu brainstorming session for Amarok's new slogan
>  >  today. A whole bunch of ideas were thrown out and landed on this wiki
>  >  page:
>  >  http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Amarok2_Slogan
>  >
>  >  It's important to note that Amarok 2 just doesn't need any 'ol slogan.
>  >  It would be great if the slogan could represent what Amarok 2 is all
>  >  about.
>  >
>  >  See the wiki for more info and a list of ideas. Feel free too add more
>  >  ideas and comment on existing ones!
>  >
>  >  -Casey
>

>  Why do we even really need a new slogan? I would suggest only tweaking
>  our current one to make it a little more refined.
>  So, from "Rediscover your music" we could move to "Discover music".
>
>  Seems like such a waste of promotion, good will and general
>  familiarity in the tag line to simply replace it with something new.

Markey was the one who originally brought up the idea (as far as I
know). The primary reason was that "Rediscover your music"  do not
convey the direction that Amarok 2 is going. The beginning of the wiki
page has some more text on the reasons. I don't think promotion will
be wasted by changing the slogan (of course I am not familiar with all
the effort put into it), rather changing the slogan will demonstrate
that Amarok 2 is an altogether different beast than Amarok 1.

Casey