The decline of Digg

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Apr 17 11:43:55 CEST 2008

Shalom,

here's an article that illustrates a trend we've also been noticing
for some time. This also partly explains why our latest Digg story
didn't make it to the frontpage:

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/digg_the_decline_and_fall_of_tech.php

For me personally, Reddit is replacing Digg as a technology news
source these days. The default Reddit frontpage isn't very different
from Digg in scope, but I've subscribed to categories like kde,
programming, ruby, science, etc, which makes it pretty interesting.
And of course there's always good old Slashdot.. :)

Question is just what sites we should target in the future for our
marketing efforts, if Digg becomes increasingly less of a tech
audience?

--
Mark