Amarok logo copied by another site

Leonardo M leonrm at inbox.com
Tue Sep 18 23:07:19 CEST 2007

El Mar 18 Sep 2007, Ian Monroe escribió:
> Note that by using the logo now, Silverwolf will make it hard for us
> to obtain a trademark on our logo in the future. It is clearly a
> immoral to use acquire someone else's logo even if you cite it.
>
> However we should certainly assume good faith and just ignorance on
> the part of Silverwolf on the importance we put on our logo.
>
> Ian

I think the person in charge of the legal aspects in Amarok should clarify
this point with Silverwolf using good manners. Just by letting him understand
that there's an intention of making the name and logo a trademark and that he
should have at least tell the Amarok team that he was going to do that. It
seems to me that he wants to take advantage of someone else's success in
order to gain visitors to his site or whatever.

IMHO this is certainly something really immoral, unfair and sad, please
Silverwolf, be authentic! the logo is the same! it is not "slightly"
different.

And the fact that he stated on his site this whole thing of "stealing" the
logo looks like he did that on purpose. Thus if someone asks, he can
say: "Told ya 'bout it"

Leoncius