Souping up the sidebar widget

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed Jun 20 18:18:33 CEST 2007

Hey Landy,

I was wondering if you could give me a hand (or rather, your artistic
touch) with souping up the sidebar widget for Amarok2. I'm referring
to the vertical tabs on the left side, which are used to switch
between browsers.

Currently, they look almost the same as in Amarok1, that is plain
rectangles with text/icon in it and a mouseover animation. With all
the Oxygen style sweetness around, this is starting to look painfully
unsexy. So I was wondering if we could maybe come up with some fancy
SVG buttons, in the style of the new KDE4 application run dialog (e.g.
maybe black and shiny). But I'm really open to any ideas and would
love to see mockups.

I'll try to catch you on #rokymotion, maybe we can talk it over there.

--
Mark