Amarok 3.0 beta (2.9.82) out now

Tuomas Nurmi tuomas at norsumanageri.org
Fri Apr 12 14:22:33 BST 2024

Hi everyone,
long time user, first time releaser here.
I am happy to announce the immediate availability of Amarok 2.9.82!

Source tarball from 2.9.82 tag ( https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/amarok/-/
tags/v2.9.82 ) available at https://download.kde.org/unstable/amarok/2.9.82/
amarok-2.9.82.tar.xz

There might be bugs. However, quite many have been fixed, too.

Somewhat comprehensive ChangeLog for 2.9.71 -> 2.9.82 is available at https://
invent.kde.org/multimedia/amarok/-/blob/master/ChangeLog?ref_type=heads#L13

After some consideration, I decided to make it beta already, as we've had some
years of alpha and it's been ready for day-to-day usage for years. I chose the
number .82 as some widely used git builds for various distributions have been
using .75 and .81.

Depending on reactions, amount of fresh bug reports etc I'll see if there
needs to be a beta2 / RC or if it'll be directly 3.0 next in some weeks.

Cheers
Tuomas Nurmi