New attempt of an Alpha release

Heiko Becker heirecka at exherbo.org
Thu Feb 4 11:07:56 GMT 2021

Hello Myriam, hello all,

On Monday, 1 February 2021 02:26:30 CET, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Another question: have the translators and distributions been notified? I
> know it is just an alpha release, but this would at least give them time to
> prepare for future releases.
> Was there an embargo notice for the tarball or was it sent as immediate
> release? it's still OK to make an immediate release for an alpha, but for
> any future releases we should consider an embargo period of at least two
> weeks to give translators and distributions time to prepare (and for
> ourselves to prepare the website and announcements)

I concurr that we should improve upon that in the future. However I don't
think there's much harm in having it ommitted it this time. There weren't
that many string changes and it's essentially a very rought tech preview
intended for early testing anyway, so let distros test in advance doesn't
make that much sense (IMO).

Best regards,
Heiko