D28165: Fix compatibility with modern MySQL

Wolfgang Bauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 25 18:23:28 GMT 2020

wbauer added a comment.

  In D28165#634060 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28165#634060>, @asturmlechner wrote:

  > In D28165#633145 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28165#633145>, @wbauer wrote:
  >
  > > The content of my /usr/include/mysql/mysql_version.h (which is just a symlink to mariadb_version.h):
  >

  > I just went back and installed mariadb-connector-c in Gentoo in mysqlcompat-mode (a soon to be removed option) and interestingly, it does not provide that symlink.

  Indeed, the symlink is added in openSUSE's packaging. From mariadb-connector-c.spec:

    # add a compatibility symlink
    ln -s mariadb_config %{buildroot}%{_bindir}/mysql_config
    ln -s mariadb_version.h %{buildroot}%{_includedir}/mysql/mysql_version.h

REPOSITORY
  R181 Amarok

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D28165