D28284: Add FindMariaDB.cmake module and use it if MySQL is not found

Wolfgang Bauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 17 11:06:24 BST 2020

wbauer added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> malteveerman wrote in FindMySQLe.cmake:45
> This breaks embedded for me. The embedded storage plugin silently links against libmysqlclient and then fails when initializing.
> It's a problem that exists independently of this revision but I thought we could fix it here as well.
> I'm on Arch where `--libmysql-libs` doesn't exist either.

Right, that's exactly what I was referring to in my last comment, and what the openSUSE patch I mentioned (which originally was taken from Arch) is supposed to fix.

I.e. instead of `set(MYSQLE_LIBRARIES ${MYSQL_LIBRARIES})` here, it should do something like this:

  +    find_library(MYSQL_EMBEDDED_LIBRARIES NAMES mysqld libmysqld
  +        PATHS
  +                $ENV{MYSQL_DIR}/libmysql_r/.libs
  +                $ENV{MYSQL_DIR}/lib
  +                $ENV{MYSQL_DIR}/lib/mysql
  +        PATH_SUFFIXES
  +                mysql
  +    )

I'm undecided whether this should be done in this patch or rather separately though, as the problem did exist before (so it's actually an unrelated change).

Although, I just noticed that it actually does that below (in line#73ff) if `(NOT MYSQLE_LIBRARIES)`, so maybe it would just be enough to remove the  `set(MYSQLE_LIBRARIES ${MYSQL_LIBRARIES})` here completely?
I'll give that a try...

REPOSITORY
  R181 Amarok

BRANCH