building amarok

Pedro de Carvalho Gomes pedrogomes81 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 22:13:42 BST 2020

Hi Robert,

First of all, mysql deprecated its embedded library after version 5.7.
This means that Amarok no longer can compile against newer versions.
The alternative is MariaDB, which still has an equivalent to
Mysql-embedded. So, please install all mariadb dependencies,
especially the devel packages.

Second: can you provide your environment? Distro, installed packages,
full cmake command, and so. Amarok should be easy to compile if you
have the right packages installed; but this is the hard part and
depends on your distribution.

Cheers,

Pedro