D24817: Restore scripting functionalities and Qt bindings.

Nicola Mori noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 21 16:24:52 GMT 2020

nicolamori added a comment.

  I just uploaded a new revision with installation rules for the bindings shared libraries. I also checked the QCAD license: they release the code under GPLv3 with no exceptions (as far as I understood) for the bindings code, so I guess there's no licensing issue in using the bindings in Amarok.
  I tested the code with a simple script (BurnPlaylist) which works with minor tweaks to the script itself. However, some scripts are missing some Amarok components that have been removed, e.g. UltimateLyrics gives a warning([WARNING] [ScriptItem] Script has no script engine attached: "UltimateLyrics") and does not work, I think because LyricsManager has been removed.
  I'd say then that the work on restoring the Qt bindings is done, and now it has to be decided whether to go on (which means restoring the removed scripting functionalities, something I cannot do) or stop here and drop these modifications.

REPOSITORY
  R181 Amarok

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D24817