Activitifilter for invent notifications

Heiko Becker heirecka at exherbo.org
Sat Dec 12 11:02:56 GMT 2020

Hi Myriam, hi all,

On 11.12.20 12:58, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as you can see here: https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/activityfilter
> <https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/activityfilter>
> to get notifications about commits and merge requests directly into this
> mailing list, we need to create a thread to make sure everybody is
> comfortable with.
>
> [..]
>
> I suggest the following activity to be sent to the mailing list:
> Commits
> Issues
> Merge Requests

While I like the reduced volume for the plasma and kde-frameworks lists, I
don't really have an opinion on Merge Requests and Issues (depends on what
the latter are used for, considering bugs.kde.org is still the intended bug
tracker and amarok-bugs exist) here, but I do think that a mail to the
mailing list for *every* commit is too much. While development currently
might be slow its still conceivable that huge batches might appear in the
future, without that being interesting for everyone subscribed. The ones
interested in that level of detail could still configure a personal
activity filter or use gitlab's notifications.

Regards,
Heiko