New release

Pedro de Carvalho Gomes pedrogomes81 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 14:27:30 BST 2020

Hi Heiko,

Thanks for the input. I like the idea of the alpha release. First,
because I think that Amarok is already at a usable state. But also to
make it clear that Amarok is not EOL.

About MariaDB: I haven't checked out the 10.5 branch. But I downloaded
the official binaries, and it no loger has libmysqd/libmariadbd. It
seems that the code is inactive, but simple wasn't removed.

I agree that replacing QtScripts is a more urgent matter than
replacing Mysql/MariaDB since it's no longer being supported.
Moreover, I agree with your opinion of porting to QJs. Surely it is
more work, but it work that stays longer. I volunteer to help you with
that. Do you have ideas on how we can share the task?

Regards,

Pedro