D24413: Fix Increase/Decrease Volume shortcuts

Heiko Becker noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 20 22:11:05 BST 2019

heikobecker added a comment.

  In D24413#542042 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24413#542042>, @wbauer wrote:

  > In D24413#542035 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24413#542035>, @ognarb wrote:
  >
  > > Since the method is only one line long, why not using lambda instead here?
  >

  > Because I couldn't get it to compile successfully, I got this error:
  >  In lambda function passing 'const EngineController' as 'this' argument discards qualifiers

  I'm always easy to confuse about pointers and const, but isn't ec a const pointer to a const object? So calling ec->increaseVolume() as a non-const function) wouldn't really work outside a lambda either.

  What I'm not sure about is why it was done that way and why it does work with the new style connects.

REPOSITORY
  R181 Amarok

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D24413