Sponsorship

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Nov 20 22:01:06 GMT 2018

Hi Valorie,

On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 at 21:47, Valorie Zimmerman <
valorie-zimmerman at kubuntu.org> wrote:

> This could be spam, or it could be a serious offer. I don't have the means
> to follow up, myself. The website https://icons8.com/ does exist. -v

Seems legit, but I think they should contact the e.V., as we do not handle
money ourselves anyway. As other donations have shown it is perfectly OK to
donate to a specific project within KDE.
Especially since they are based in the US, this would be too much hassle to
try to handle it ourselves.

The only slight bother I have is them talking about "Open Source", but the
only actual application they have is proprietary, and I can't find any
license on the website but the
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/ one which is the most
restricted possible creative commons licenses. And this is only for the
actual icons. Using the icons as an "established Open Source" project
requires setting a link back to them, which is something we would only do
for actual sponsors. I really very much prefer the e.V. to handle any
further steps.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org
<http://www.fsfe.org>