GSoC 2015 Status Update

Aroonav Mishra aroonav11 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 18:52:01 UTC 2015

On 8 June 2015 at 23:58, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi Aroonav,
>
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 7:59 PM, Aroonav Mishra <aroonav11 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > The second week of GSoC coding period has come to an end. I didn't want
> > create another thread for my weekly updates hence I have emailed in this
> > thread itself.
>
> That's OK, actually a good idea :)
> >
> > So this week some of the changes that I made are as follows:
> >
> > Though KDialog is in KDELibs4Support but the classes that previously
> > inherited from this have changed their base class. As the usage of
> > functions(ex setButtons of KDialog) from these inherited classes cause
> > errors now so I am currently porting away from KDialog. I have to review
> > (many)changes made by the porting script for which I have to understand
> > their API first. So I believe this is going to take some time.
>
> By "away from KDialog" you mean porting to QDialog, right?

Yes I meant that.
And I was referring to the class Amarok2ConfigDialog which inherits from
KConfigDialog which inherits from KPageDialog. Previously KPageDialog
inherited from KDialog but in KF5 now it inherits directly from QDialog and
skips KDialog. So the usage of functions(like setButtons which were part of
KDialog) which were used in Amarok2ConfigDialog now cause errors.

So for this I am porting from KDialog to QDialog completely.

I hope this clears up everything.

> > I will be pushing the commits that concern the above changes soon.
> >
> > Cheers!!
> >
> > P.S Happy Birthday Mamarok!
>
> Thank you :)
>
> And thanks for the update, very appreciated!

You are welcome :)