Sync Amarok wiki documentation to git before 2.8?

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Tue Aug 13 16:08:48 UTC 2013

Hi Yuri,
I'm really close to tagging Amarok 2.8 final. The last thing in my checklist is
Amarok Handbook: do you think that syncing the in-progress wiki docs to git
before release is a good idea? (Myriam already said it is okay with her)

The thing it that I think that shipping in-progress 2.8 (english)
documentation is better than shipping outdated 2.7 one, if we are able not to
disrupt handbook translations. Note that I can specify a SVN revision to
checkout (doc) translations from when creating the tarball.

On a related note: do you know what is the status of wiki vs. SVN handbook
translations? E.g. I see both http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/pt-br and
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/pt_BR/docs/extragear-multimedia/amarok/index.docbook?view=markup - one is apparently directly
translated from English Amarok wiki handbook and the other takes a funny trip:
en Amarok wiki handbook -> you -> index.docbook in Amarok git -> scripty ->
docmessages pot -> translator -> pt_BT docmessages -> translator (scripted?) -
> pt_BR index.docbook

Thanks for all the work,
	Matěj