Tomahawk features in Amarok Proposal

Teo Mrnjavac teo at kde.org
Fri Mar 30 09:21:18 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:49, Stefan Derkits <stefan at derkits.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> one thing you should add to your proposal:
>
> If you are experienced in developing features that require
> communication with more than one "project partner" (and I know you
> are, cause your last SoC was between Amarok & gpodder ;) )
>
> Stefan

Hello Lucas,

You have presented a very good proposal, and it's great that you
already have experience with Amarok and the services framework. Some
observations follow.

"it would be unreasonable not to follow their path."  -- while I agree
going social would be very important for Amarok's future, almost a
must-have (I care about this particular task a lot), it's a bit harsh
to judge everything else "unreasonable". I suggest you soften the
wording a bit, such as "it would be a great idea to follow their
path."

I would also like to see it in the timeline how and when you plan to
solve libtomahawk's data storage needs when integrated with Amarok.

"software world and fortunately a succeeded one." -- just a very
general suggestion about the "fortunately": when you succeed at
something, dare to take credit rather than attributing it to luck.
You've done a great job - you deserve it ;)

Cheers,
--
Teo