KIO-MTP development

Philipp Schmidt philschmidt at gmx.net
Sat Jan 14 13:25:36 UTC 2012

Am Samstag, 14. Januar 2012, 11:11:51 schrieben Sie:

> Philip,
> MTP kioslave whould be certainly beneficial for Amarok too, as its current
MTP-
> collection is pretty much unmaintained.
>
> Would copying music files in Dolphin to a MTP device using your kioslave
suffice
> for the device to find it (and display its metadata)? Is so, Amarok's USB
Mass
> Storage collection shouldn't be hard to extend to handle such devices. If it
> wouldn't be that simple, we should find a way how to set MTP-compatible
> metadata for transferred songs. (see KIO::Job::metaData())
>
> Philip, also please take look at https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/103028/
> which deals with MTP device detection in Solid.
>
> Regards,
> 			Matěj

Hi,

making the Slave work with Amarok would be nice too, I will look into that
when I have the time. As I stated on the kde-devel ML right now getting it to
work in Dolphin is my primary concern. I am coming to the metadata-Stuff only
now so hopefully I will be able to answer your questions soon.

Thanks for pointing me to the device-detection, I will look at that too ;).

Regards,
Philipp