How to get the playableUrl only when the track is about to be played?

Dirley dirleyrls at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 11:15:58 UTC 2012

Hello, there.

I've been hacking into Amarok, trying to add an internet service. Turns out
that my service is a little bit... uncommon. When the tracks come from the
service, they don't have a "playable url". I have to ask the service a url
for each track I want to play. How would I do that on Amarok?

I've considered using the MultiSourceCapability, but it didnt work, since
the "first" url is always invalid, so the engine skips the song. The
MultiPlayableCapability almost works, since the engine do wait for the
first source to be fetched.

So I'm missing something? Is it feasible or should I give up and run a http
server inside my service that redirects to the playable url?

- D