Introduction; GSoC report

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Sun Apr 29 21:50:57 UTC 2012

Hi,
I would like to introduce myself to this list, I'm Riccardo Iaconelli, a KDE
developer who this year happens to be a GSoC student who will work on Amarok.

As you might or might not know, know, I will work on the context view and on
sexying up Amarok's UI. I've started my GSoC coding activity now to compensate
for the fact that I might need some weeks off to concentrate on exams, in
June-July.

This week I've been working on gathering some initial information on the
technologies I'll be using (which means: deciding what to do about libplasma)
and preparing some drawings about what the new context view will look like.

The outcome of the discussion with Teo and notmart is to use a standard QML
view for the Context View, and Plasma's dataengines for data gathering, in
order to:

- reuse much of the existing code
- be able to concentrate also on the polishedness of the interface, and not
end up with a half-baked UI

This is mostly it for these few days, but mockups and drawings will soon
follow.

Bye,
-Riccardo