[amarok] src/browsers/playlistbrowser: Playlist browser: normalize connect() calls

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Wed Apr 11 11:02:55 UTC 2012

On 11. 4. 2012 Bart Cerneels wrote:
> I think the style for function statements should be applied to the
> contents of SIGNAL/SLOT macro's as well. i.e. space after and before
> the parentheses. I don't use that style for macros since they are not
> functions, with the capitals it's clear they aren't.
>
> Probably best to stick to the style.

I do normally follow this style, too, _except_ for SIGNAL/SLOT macro contents
for practical reasons:
http://marcmutz.wordpress.com/effective-qt/prefer-to-use-normalised-signalslot-
signatures/

TL;DR: This Qt guy says:
Guideline: Prefer normalised signal/slot signatures in connect statements.

> Saying that, my favorite editor QtCreator's auto-format is not
> compatible with our style. I'm getting quite annoyed with manually
> ocrrecting all the time so am thinking of relaxing the style rules to
> suite that. I do prefer very easy to read code, specifically on
> reviewboard, where there might not be such nice coloration as in an
> IDE.
>
> What do you think?

Yup, I must manually format generated code too (KDevelop), but I think it's
worth the consistency.

Regards,
			Matěj