Bug Bounty for bug 223400 ipod playlist support

kat amsterdam kat.amsterdam at gmail.com
Fri May 20 03:03:46 CEST 2011

Dear Amarok Developers,

I install Ubuntu machines for my friends to help them over to open-source
computing. The major problem is that a lot of my friends have ipods. I love
Amarok (moodbar is my favorite feature) and so I promote it to my friends as
well. Every time though I run into the same problem. Syncing playlists to
their iPods. Either Amarok crashes (think this just got fixed) or the
playlist does not sync. This causes me a lot of frustration and time
fighting with a Win7 virtual machine and iTunes, which throws files around
everywhere and is just a miserable program to work with.

So we are down to bug 223400 I asked in the bug if it was okay to offer a
bug bounty to finally get this fixed as this would benefit the entire Ubuntu
(all flavours included) community.

Myriam said to ask you guys and gals...

So here is my offer:

Fix bug 223400 so that people can sync their Amarok Playlists to their iPod
I will then donate € 250 to the Amarok Fund via the Donate button on
amarok.kde.org

I believe in what you guys are doing and appreciate your work every time I
start Amarok. Please fix this bug so I never have to hear the word iTunes
ever again.

Thank you.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,