Sprint discussion and planing

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Mon Jan 17 07:10:26 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> to give the sprint discussion a start, I created a wiki page here:
> http://community.kde.org/Amarok/RandaSprint2011
>
> There already is a table where you can add your suggestions, I added mine:
>
> Bug handling:
> Currently bug handling is done on Bugzilla. There is a possibility to
> use Redmine instead which has certain advantages over the current
> solution. We need to discuss if this could be used for Amarok.

Now that you are mentioning Redmine:

A while ago I had talked to Ben Cooksley regarding our need for a
central TODO list (currently many Amarok teamsters have their own TODO
lists, either digital, or scribbled on pieces of paper). Turns out,
Redmine supports this with a special plugin, and Ben was so nice to
install this for us. So we could make use of it.

Regarding suggestions for sprint topics, here are a few:

* Amarok Mobile
* Possible use of QML / Qt Quick in Amarok
* Improvements for the first-run experience, Usability
* Rethinking our Git policies regarding rebasing and squashing
* Discussion whether the Amarok Committee is still needed in its current form
* Deciding what to do with our Trademark (possibly creating an e.V. or
a company)
* Music Store

...I'm pretty sure there are some more, which I can't remember right
now. Everyone please add their ideas.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, CEO of Kretschmann Software Consulting