libmygpo-qt Release of v1.0

Stefan Derkits stefan at derkits.at
Thu Feb 10 14:57:10 CET 2011

Dear gPodder & Amarok Community,

We proudly announce libmygpo-qt v1.0.

This is the first stable release and is up-to-date with gpodder.net API v2.6

To ensure stability, we did a lot of testing since Beta2. We found
several bugs and fixed them, so hopefully right now you won't find any
fatal bugs in libmygpo-qt.

You can download the Tarball here:
http://stefan.derkits.at/files/libmygpo-qt/libmygpo-qt.1.0.0.tar.gz
(md5sum: c766e8f65212a6c35e1873dbbf703137 ; sha1sum:
ff22becf5ba13bedf107035b724b975fce6a36d2)

We are looking for interested people that help us with the packaging of
the Library. Please contact us via the gpodder Mailinglist.

Some more important Links for libmygpo-qt:

Git Repo: https://github.com/ase23/libmygpo-qt
Doxygen Documentation: http://stefan.derkits.at/libmygpo-doc/
gpodder.net API: http://wiki.gpodder.org/wiki/Web_Services/API_2
Bugreports: http://bugs.gpodder.org
Contact: gpodder-devel at lists.berlios.de

Also, the first version of our gpodder.net-Integration into Amarok has
been finished, which uses the current version of libmygpo-qt. Basic
Podcast Synchronisation with gpodder.net is now possible and a
Podcastbrowser makes it able to browse through the Podcast-Toplists of
gpodder.net and subscribe selected podcasts. All this directly in Amarok.
(Note that this version of the gpodder.net-Integration into Amarok is
still very simple. More features will follow in future releases).

Here you can get the current version of our gpodder.net-Integration and
follow our future progress:
https://github.com/ase23/amarok-ase/tree/gpodder

- --- Infos about libmygpo-qt ---

What is libmygpo-qt?

libmygpo-qt is a Qt/C++ Library wrapping the gPodder.net Webservice. We
are working on it as part of a University Course & it will be used in
one of the next Versions of Amarok when we integrate the gpodder.net
Webservice into Amarok.
Also it will maybe one Day be used to create a gPodder Client for
MeeGo/Symbian ;)

What is gpodder.net?

gpodder.net is a Webservice, that can be used for Podcast Discovery
(Search, Toplists, Tags, ...) and Subscription/Synchronization of
Podcasts & Podcast Status Synchronization.

Greetings,
Stefan, Christian & Felix