2.4 planning

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Mon Sep 20 20:19:35 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 7:57 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> Heya folks :)
>
> Let's start some thinking and planning for Amarok 2.4.
> What are your plans? What are the big (and small) things that need to
> happen? (Not including GSoC projects - separate thread)
> I'll try to start making a release plan next week when I'm back home.

I think visualization support is a much requested feature, it would be
nice to have. I think Daniel Dewald and maybe Sandsmark were working
on it?

Another  *very* important aspect would be rewriting our media devices
framework. Currently it's so broken that I can't even transfer a
single album to my Sansa without crashing Amarok. Bart Cerneels said
that there is little hope of just "patching" it, but that the whole
system needs a full rewrite - a lot of work.

As for myself, I've wanted to implement applet versioning for a long
time, maybe I'll get around to it this time. Generally I'd also like
to emphasize bug fixing. Amarok has many features, but few of them
actually work correctly.

I probably want to do many other things too, but can't think of them
now ;) Maybe I can add it to the plan later on.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer