Scripting and the lyrics *editor*

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Wed Sep 8 20:29:23 CEST 2010

On 9/8/2010 11:11 AM, James Pic wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:
>>
>> I don't see any reason why we shouldn't have such a signal. It will be
>> implemented much faster if you provide a working patch though  :-)
>>

> The reason i was trying to script was to actually avoid hacking amarok itself :P
>
> That said, amarok deserves that i give a try setting up a development
> environment on our family computer xD

:-)

It should be a relatively painless thing to add if you have some
familiarity with C++ (enough to figure out where in the code it is). For
setting up a dev environment, here are some resources:

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/2.0_Development_HowTo
http://blogs.fsfe.org/myriam/2009/09/compiling-amarok-from-git-locally-full-summary/

--Jeff