UI: How to make MusicBrainz dialog shine, or noob needs help.

Lukas 1lukas1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 23:48:18 CEST 2010

Just to clarify, MusicBrainz will suggest only one set of tags per single
tracks?

I've attached a simple mockup. Some clarification who is who:

Heading part displays column names, + ability to add new (I guess music
brainz gives genre, tags and similar info)

Next, each track is represented in 2 rows:
 1st - result suggested by MB service in editable field. Not matching fields
are highlighted by bold, and if Soundex
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundex%20>doesnot match, coloured in red/use
different background. This should increase readability of larger lists. +
Checkbox to confirm changes.

2nd - current values. Since it is less important information then
future/suggested results, a smaller/greyed-out text can be used to divert
attention to new values.

Solid line symbolizes beginning of the next track.

Hope you gonna like it,
Lukas