time to update the about dialog

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Mon Nov 8 12:17:32 CET 2010

Hi Leo

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 23:39, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sunday, November 07, 2010 11:26:02 PM Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 22:53, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
>> > Heya folks :)
>> >
>> > I think it's time to look at who should be added to the about dialog
>> > for 2.4. We've had a lot of contributions from new people lately and
>> > that's really great. If you have someone in mind who has made great
>> > contributions to Amarok in the last months but is not mentioned in the
>> > about dialog so far it is time to add them before we hit string
>> > freeze.
>>
>> According to fisheye, the following people have made substantial
>> contributions in the last 6 months:
>>
>> Ralf Engels (ralf.engels at nokia.com)
>> Rick W. Chen (stuffcorpse at archlinux.us)
>>
>> I suggest they are getting author status.
>
> Both Rick and Ralf have certainly contributed a lot of code recently. However,
> think Author status conveys more than just a splash of contributions but long-
> term commitment to the project. So I don't mean to reduce the value of their
> recent contributions (which is amazing!) but I think it is a bit early, that
> is all.

I leave that to the others to discuss, we should have a consensus
about that anyway I think.

Hm, long-term commitment, does that mean I should be in that list? I
haven't contributed much code but did a lot of other work...

>> The following people have made contributions in the last 12 months and
>> should be in the "Thanks to" list:
>>
>> Alexandre
>> Jof
>> ldeveaux
>> jtduncan
>> Valorie Zimmerman
>> Xenios

His name is Walter Elgeti

> Sounds good to me. They all deserve to be in the dialog. Though who is
> Alexandre? :)

Apparently one of the French guys who worked on the applets. There
isn't any more information about him, sadly not everybody does put
their full name in the commits/patches. Ditto for Jof, no idea who
s/he is, and ldeveaux didn't pout more information either.

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org