Typo in SqlPlaylist?

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Fri Mar 26 19:12:54 CET 2010

On 3/26/2010 6:39 AM, Nanno Langstraat wrote:
> I suspect the changed track is not assigned to the existing
> Meta::AlbumPtr, but creates a new Meta::AlbumPtr with identical name?

There are several open bugs with similar types of issues. Basically,
changing the album inside of Amarok is known to be broken and should be
avoided. The main problem is that there isn't actually a way to properly
do it -- you'll note that SqlArtist and SqlAlbum have no setter methods
for name. So any method of changing these in Amarok ends up doing wonky
things to the associations in the database, which can only be fixed by a
full rescan.

Any setter implementations would need to have smarts to figure out
things like "if I change the artist, should the album stay where it was
(i.e. a VA-type scenario) or should the album be a new album under the
new artist name" and "if I change the album name and it matches an album
that already exists and is VA, does this mean that this track should
also be a part of that?" Etc.

The TagDialog is a mess too and would have to be refactored to actually
use these new methods. IIRC from the last time I looked at it, it's a
mess in general and should probably be entirely rewritten.

If you feel like taking a look at this, a lot of people would be happy
if this were fixed.

--Jeff