Summer of Code: Draft of Playdar Proposal

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Thu Mar 25 15:46:33 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 14:40, Maximilian Kossick
<maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:
>> Hi Andy,
>>
>> Thanks for the comprehensive proposal!
>>

>>> On the technical side I like to comment though:
>>> You list a few custom GUI's required to use playdar in amarok. I
>>> suggest you try to do without custom user interface elements for
>>> playdar, except of course configuration, which will very likely be
>>> required.
>>
>> I don't think I agree. I think a custom UI in the service browser is
>> perfect---a nice delgate for track items that shows what resolver they
>> are coming from, for example, as well as the track name/info. Just a
>> thought.

Yes, that is possible although probably a bit confusing for the end user.

One good reason I'm trying to prevent adding more custom GUI's because
those will prevent the integration being used in amarok mobile. This
is true for many of the services, while the problem doesn't exist for
collections.