New cover fetcher and dialogue

Eelko Berkenpies e.berkenpies at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 11:43:10 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Rick W. Chen <stuffcorpse at archlinux.us>wrote:

> Tue, 23 Mar, 2010 at 11:14:39 AM +0100, Eelko Berkenpies:
> > On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:48 AM, Rick W. Chen <stuffcorpse at archlinux.us
> >wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > this is to inform you I've finally finished working on the new cover
> > > fetcher (plus UI). Feel free to hack on it if you're interested.
> > > Feature-wise I'm quite happy with it. It is quite useful now and for
> > > most intended purposes should be sufficient. Please let me know what
> > > you think, bugs, ways it should be improved etc. Thanks!
> >
> > Hello Rick,
> >
> > Thanks for implanting that discogs search engine! :) There's only one
> > feature left I would be looking for myself and that would be storing
> covers
> > in the corresponding folders instead of the (internal) database (or
> wherever
> > Amarok stores them now). Due to testing and playing with up-to-date GIT
> > versions, I wipe my database and configs on a regular base. And
> (obviously?)
> > when I do that, I lose the covers which have been added by the cover
> > manager. Having an option to store them in the folder they belong, the
> > collectionscanner would pick them up on a re-scan and have them added
> again
> > so my collection would look all nice and shiny as before.
> >
> > I'm not sure if this is possible and if it's important enough to add, but
> it
> > sure would make *me* happy. :)
>
> There's a script that does that called CopyCover2 [1] which you might
> like to try. As for the Discogs integration, there's still doubt whether
> that'll make it into the next release. I was told about the fallout they
> had with Rhythmbox after I've implemented it; right now I'm waiting for
> a reply from Discogs whether Amarok is permitted to have this function.
>
>  1. http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/CopyCover2?content=113293

Awesome, I'll have a look at that script, thanks a bunch for linking me.  As
far for Discogs integration, it would be a pity if it had to be removed
again. Oh well, I guess I could always patch it in again locally if needed.
:) But again, I'm curious for their answer because it would still be a nice
addition, imho.

Thanks again!

--
With kind regards,