GSOC - Playdar integration

Maxime Côté cote.maxime1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 19:39:18 CET 2010

Hi,

I am a student interested in the Amarok project for Google Summer of Code,
more precisely in the integration of Playdar as a collection backend. So I'd
like to get feedback on my first draft especially on which services to
include. Here's what I plan to do so far:

- Create or use different backend for Playdar, to be able to connect to a
good number of online service and those already supports by Amarok (Amazon,
LastFm, Rhapsody etc.)

- Create a bridge for Amarok to use Playdar mostly with the use of QJson

- Memorize the query to continue to offer the song that you have search in a
session of Amarok and the possibility to save them in a playlist

- Integration of the result directly in the collection in real-time for each
successfully finished query

- Create a search context applet to be able to search specific
song/artist/album with Playdar and put the results in the collection for
playback, integrate this service in the internet menu of Amarok

- Add a setting menu to be able to select which Playdar backend to use or
not use

- Put an icon when adding the song to the collection to signify that the
song is from a Playdar sources and differentiate the different backend

- Add the automatic query of song when you sign in with one of your account,
like LastFm and add those to collection seamlessly or in playlist

- Automatically include and use new backend to Playdar at each start-up, for
a better possibility of upgrade
 I am open to any improvement you may think, things that I miss, general
feedback or idea for the online services to include as backend for Playdar.
I will also try to be in the irc channel as MaxCote if you want to
talk with me about the project