[GSoC update] Distributed Collections: Week 4 & 5

Edward Hades edward.hades at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 16:14:40 CEST 2010

What do you need QCoreApplication for? It shouldn't have any
interesting methods.

Regarding the error: you are not linking main amarok app with objects
from your HttpService.cpp. That is because the code in src/services/
represents dynamic plugins (and you could have noticed that by the
kde4_add_plugin line in CMakeLists.txt), which should neither be
instantiated directly from the app nor linked with it.

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Varrun Ramani <varrunr at gmail.com> wrote:
> This week I spend at trying to bring up the HTTP server, so that I could
> test the XmlQueryReader through POST data. I added a few source
> files(locally).
>
> src/services/RemoteCollection/HttpDaemon.h
> src/services/RemoteCollection/HttpDaemon.cpp
> src/services/RemoteCollection/HttpService.h
> src/services/RemoteCollection/HttpService.cpp
>
> The classes compiled successfully. I did face a few problems while
> instantiation though. The constructor of the HttpService class goes like
>
> HttpService::HttpService(quint16 port, QCoreApplication *app)
>
> I need to instantiate this in main.cpp , in order to start the server. I am
> looking for a QCoreApplication object to pass to it. I tried passing app in
> main.cpp (from App.h) to it,
>
> HttpService *remoteHttpService;
> remoteHttpService = new HttpService(quint16(8080), &app);
>
> it gives me the error
>
> main.cpp:242: undefined reference to `HttpService::HttpService(unsigned
> short, QCoreApplication*)'
>
> Can anyone help me resolve the issue??
>
> I have hosted the files at
> http://github.com/varrunr/RemoteCollections