[Amarok] Year += 1. It's 2010, time flies :)

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Thu Jan 7 22:38:59 CET 2010

On Thursday 07 January 2010 21:14:40 Andrew Ash wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Téo Mrnjavac <teo at getamarok.com> wrote:
> > Could we use the © copyright character here instead?
>
> I'm not sure how much Amarok follows the KDE Licensing Policy [1], but
> there was a recent blog post [2] that popped up on Planet KDE about
> the best way to do licensing statements, which had several
> suggestions:

That's important for the licence headers in the files, but it's the About
dialog that's been changed here (which the licensing policy doesn't apply to
anyway).

The statement that Amarok is copyright "The Amarok Development Squad" is
meaningless legally, but kind of informative for your average human being - it
at least gives people a general idea of where the copyright lies.  So I think
it's fine in an About dialog, since the real information is available in the
source code.

Alex

--
Why have I got six monitors?  Because I haven't got room for eight.
  -- Terry Pratchett